Instruct and Administer the Law Enforcement Related Programs
- Develop and monitor the relevance of curriculum with Law Enforcement Academy, and ensure compliance with Department of Justice requirements within the academies.
- Develop new courses and assist in curriculum development as needed for Law Enforcement Professional Development.
- Schedule courses and instructional staff.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of academies
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local Law Enforcement Agencies and business/industry, including the coordination of program advisory committees.
- Develop and administer contract training within Law Enforcement
- Assist in the marketing and recruitment activities to increase enrollment within programs.
- Oversee maintenance and care of program related equipment.
Develop and administer program budgets.
- Identify needs; prepare budget proposals and obtain approval.
- Manage and coordinate purchasing function.
- Monitor expenditures and ensure compliance to approved budgets.
- Reconcile and balance accounts.
- Monitor part-time instructor compliance to hours based on Affordable Care Act requirements.
Assist in program related student issues.
- Advise and assist students with concerns and problem resolution.
- Facilitate scheduling, registration and advance standing for individual students.
Work with other departments/divisions/institutions to ensure a cooperative effort in the achievement of District objectives.
- Develop and implement program goals and objectives.
- Serving on District teams and committees in a cooperative effort to achieve District goals.
- Promoting flexible programming through the use of alternative delivery systems.
Supervise faculty and staff.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s polices and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and staff training and development; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.