Serve as the Advisor for Student Government Association
- Oversee the election of the Executive Board and Senator Appointments.
- Orient members of the Executive Board.
- Meet with and advise student leaders on an on-going basis regarding activities, issues, concerns, ideas, etc.
- Participate in meetings and conferences with student representatives.
- Assist with the development and implementation of program ideas.
- Monitor expenditures of funds.
- Serve as a conduit of information between SGA, Student Pathway Coordinator, and college administration.
Serve as Advisor to Student Network of Activities and Programming (SNAP).
- Oversee and assist in developing a wide variety of activities and programs designed to enhance student social engagement, professional development, and community service.
- Provide training and support to SNAP Programming Assistants through orientation and on-going leadership training.
- Assist in development and oversee relevant marketing strategies and initiatives directed for student’s events.
- Develop assessment materials to evaluate student programming and activities.
- Support SNAP in establishing a budget and monitor the expenditure of funds.
Advise, monitor and coordinate student clubs and organizations.
- Update student organization materials and maintain ongoing communication through various college-wide communication methods (i.e. MyBTC Portal, email, social media, print materials, etc.)
- Provide ongoing training to student organization advisors and student leaders.
- Review and approval all student club check requests to ensure sufficient funding is available.
- Develop student organization/advisor evaluation process.
- Distribute, review and approve club advisor contracts.
- Administer allocation of advisor compensation.
Serve as Co-chair for Graduation Committee
Organize the Graduation ceremony with co-chair of committee.
- Manage and respond to emails in the graduation email account.
- Recruit faculty, staff and other volunteers to assist in graduation events.
- Organize and order items necessary to the graduation ceremony (i.e., tickets, cap/gowns, speakers, program, decorations, etc.)
Coordinate allocation and use of activity fee money
- Advise and coordinate the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC).
- Ensure fair and equitable allocation and disbursement of funds to student organizations and related activities.
- Monitor revenue generated by student activity fees.
- Monitor and approve expenditures by student organizations.
- Stay up to date with federal, state and district policies and regulations for collection, allocation and use of student activity funds.
Promote and coordinate college-wide student engagement special events.
- Coordinate and advise Student Awards Committee in planning and conducting annual awards program, including promotion, food, tickets, decorations, awards presenters and floor plan for ceremony.
- Coordinate nomination process with faculty and staff.
- Screen all award nominations to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.
- Assist in planning, development, and implementation of Welcome Week.
- Attend all student activities and special events to ensure that all district policies, local, state and federal laws and safety procedures are enforced.
- Represent BTC at statewide Student Life Coordinator meetings.