Provides overall leadership, direction, and coordination of the College’s Community Relations activities.
- Identify, develop, and strengthen relationships with key College constituents, both internal and external.
- Identify and develop community collaborations, business partnerships, and events that support the College “brand” and enhance its reputation.
- Develop and execute plans for engaging civic, business, cultural, and governmental entities through personal contacts, speaking engagements, awareness building, and leadership in community initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate representation of College staff and/or Foundation leaders at community events.
- Engage the campus community in effective communication about the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the institution.
- Develop strategies and deliver opportunities that enhance the understanding of the value and impact of the College with district legislators.
Provide overall leadership, direction, and coordination of the Blackhawk Technical College Foundation and Alumni Association.
- Manage all aspects of annual and capital fundraising, including coordination of prospects, volunteers, solicitations, and donor stewardship.
- Serve as President’s liaison to BTC Foundation and Alumni Association.
- Develop and implement all Foundation and Alumni policies and procedures including Foundation and Alumni Board policies and procedures.
- Design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive, structured fundraising program including annual employee, community, corporate, and alumni campaigns.
- Develop and oversee annual Foundation and Alumni Association operating budget.
- Organize and coordinate special events related to the Foundation and Alumni Association.
- Maintain positive, professional, and mutually beneficial relationships with all Board members.
- Coordinate and monitor all Foundation and Alumni processes, data, records, and systems for efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain positive collaborative relationships with college staff and District Board members.
- Recruit and orient members of the BTC Foundation.
Provide overall leadership, direction, and coordination in researching, identifying, writing and securing financial resources (ie. federal, state, corporate, private and grant funds) that support Blackhawk Technical College initiatives.
- Supervises related staff in conducting research on potential funding sources, such as corporate, federal and state funding that support college initiatives and programs.
- Ensures that proposals and grant applications are developed and submitted according to guidelines; ensures compliance with grant follow ups and related deadlines
- Creates and maintains grant-related documents and processes and provides guidance on implementation of awards
Responsible for special assignments and projects as assigned.