Educational Technology Support
- Provide assistance and personal contact to faculty and staff in labs and offices; talk with users to determine source of specific error and recommend solution.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and students in the operation of audio and visual equipment and systems, creation of digital media and incorporate such media into instructional activities and teaching techniques.
- Coordinate, schedule, and test telepresence conferences and classes involving telepresence infrastructure and software based collaboration tools.
- Attend instructional classes and events to operate equipment, especially when the events include complex audio/visual requirements or an extra degree of reliability is required.
- Coordinate with other ITS staff the scheduling, delivery and retrieval of media equipment to ensure daily instructional needs of faculty, staff, and students are met.
- Work in conjunction with the library maintaining and operating an equipment check out procedure, as well as technical support and media supplies.
- Support and provide training for flexible education classroom software and technology.
- Support and maintain BTC’s lecture capture and video repository technologies.
- Support program specific audio/visual recording and instructional equipment, i.e. various multi-viewer display apparatuses and wireless transmission systems.
- Work in conjunction with the Instructional Design team to provide training for instructional media software and hardware to faculty, staff and students.
Operations and Technical Support
- Perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and repair of audio/visual equipment, computer hardware, and software. Make equipment repair decisions; contact repair vendors; test repaired equipment.
- Install media equipment, computer hardware, and software in classrooms and faculty and staff offices.
- Investigate hardware problems and perform complex system hardware and communication connection repairs. Perform diagnostic testing.
- Perform in-depth testing of supported applications and hardware to resolve problems.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of all IP based education systems, including audio/visual control systems, telepresence hardware and software, and digital signage control systems.
- Develop technical specifications for audio/visual hardware and software to be installed.
- Coordinate media projects with contractors and staff.
- Duplicate and convert media in formats such as VHS tapes, DVD, etc. into useable flexible formats more available to the digital players in various internal and distance classroom settings.
- Provide recording/editing and publishing services for BTC events, such as graduations, town hall meetings, student services events, etc.
Equipment Maintenance, Acquisition and Inventory
- Acquire and disposal of various types of instructional equipment that will ensure that current technology is available and obsolete equipment replaced. Ensure industry best practices are maintained for equipment life cycles.
- Research and recommend new technology to enhance teaching and learning at the College.
- Maintain inventory records of hardware serial numbers and software licenses.
- Maintain logs of equipment configurations and repairs.
Provide technical and documentation assistance to ITS management
- Research, recommend, and provide consultation in the use of emerging technologies to ensure upgrade and migration paths are available for future technology systems.
- Provide specifications and purchase requisitions for hardware and software.
- Recommend standards, procedures, and techniques to improve the ITS Division and Blackhawk Technical College.
- Consult with technical staff on product integration to provide recommendations to meet customer’s business needs.
- Collaborate with technical staff to test the effectiveness of new application software or new releases of current application software.
Incorporate team building and participation concepts; establish positive working relationships as part of the BTC culture
- Ensure effective written and verbal communications. Ensure communications are clear, objective, and sensitive to the stated purpose. Use tact in formulating a response.
- Employee is functioning as a team member, whether the team is ad hoc, formal, ongoing or associated with daily work.
- Employee’s ideas are contributed, a positive attitude is maintained, communications are open and professional, employee works toward the common goal, time and talent are used efficiently, results are produced, and are able to stay on task.
- Effective working relationships are developed and maintained, using positive, cooperative, and professional interactions with faculty, staff, students, coworkers, managers, and outside agencies and other individuals that you have contact with in your position.
- Employee actively participates in priority BTC activities as assigned.
- Day-to-day interactions with people are successful, productive, helpful and supportive.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cross-departmental support by completing media and information technology related assignments.
- Accept direction and feedback from supervisors and follow through appropriately; asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes and takes action to prevent similar occurrences.